Guidewell Financial is a fully accredited credit counseling provider with an A+ Better Business Bureau rating. We have been a trusted community business since 1966.
As a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), we must meet the highest standards for quality, including agency accreditation, counselor certification, and annual fiscal audits. All Guidewell Financial counselors are required to complete the NFCC certification program.
– Guidewell Financial Client
Our certifications and accreditations include:
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA)
- Licensed Debt Management Plan provider in 49 states and the District of Columbia
- U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved housing counseling agency
- Approved by the EOUST to provide Pre-File Bankruptcy Counseling and Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy education
- Certificate in PCI Compliance/Trustwave Trusted Commerce
- American Dream Employment Network
- Catonsville Chamber of Commerce
- CFSI Network
- Credit Builders Alliance
Guidewell Financial is funded by individual donations, public and private grants, client fees, and fair share, a voluntary contribution program for creditors who participate in our debt management plans. As a nonprofit, Guidewell Financial does not require creditor participation in fair share when working with any client. All of our services are confidential.
- 2016 Baltimore Brava Award Winner, SmartCEO Magazine
- 2013 William Donald Schaefer Helping People Award, Comptroller Peter Franchot
- 2013 First State Saves Star Award, Delaware Financial Literacy Institute
- 2013 Partnership Award, Maryland Council on Economic Education